Foods that speed up metabolism can help you in weight loss naturally. One of the keys to weight loss is to understand how the body’s metabolism. Metabolism refers to the chemical reactions that occur in your cells to survive. More specifically, metabolism refers to the process of digesting food into smaller units then transported to your cells and used to produce energy. This can be regarded as the way our bodies convert food into energy that keeps us moving and active. The faster body’s metabolism spin, the more calories are burned. The more the body burns calories, the easier it is to lose weight.
Metabolic rate is influenced by dietary factors, hormone secretion and balance, exercise, and even genetics. Yes, foods can affect the body’s metabolic rate.
Here are 7 foods that can to speed up metabolism for weight loss.
- Apples – The fruit has a low calorie level. However, fiber content in apples is able to lose weight, especially if eaten without peeled. Apples are one of the foods that speed up your metabolism, because the fruit is rich in pectin which is good for increasing metabolism.
- Green vegetables – Assorted green leafy vegetables like spinach are not only high in fiber and is one of the foods that speed up metabolism, spinach is also a source of antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, iron and vitamin C, and is also useful for weight loss.
- Tofu or fat-free chicken – These foods are rich in protein, and so help you shape lean muscle tissue.
- Oatmeal – This healthy foods that can lower the body’s insulin levels as well as foods that speed up metabolism as a result. In addition, oatmeal is also good for your heart health.
- Spicy foods – Foods that speed up metabolism are foods that contain compounds of capsaicin. Spicy foods, especially that caused the addition of pepper, serve to increase metabolism. Therefore, pepper contains capsaicin chemical compound of that can burn your metabolism faster.
- Green Tea – Green tea can boost metabolism. Green tea is a major source of epigallocatechin gallate, better known as EGCG. This healthy catechin accelerates the brain and nervous system, causing your body to burn more calories.
- Water – Besides making you free from dehydration, you also avoid high-calorie snack foods, so that water can also help speed up metabolism.
Those are 7 foods that speed up your metabolism. To help speed up metabolism, you can eat 7 meals mentioned above. As quoted from Dr. Eric Plasker, author of 100 Year Lifestyle and The 100 Year Lifestyle Workout, explaining that if your metabolism is high, it means that you have more energy, feel younger and more active. So foods that speed up metabolism are highly recommended for consumption because it has many benefits, especially for weight loss.