Nothing belies the amazing benefits of ginger for health. Ginger (Zingeber Officinale) is a medicinal plant in the form of clumps of plants, which have a pseudo-stem. Ginger comes from the Asia Pacific region which spread from India to China. Therefore, these two nations touted as the nation’s first use ginger as an ingredient especially beverages, spices and traditional medicines. Ginger is included in the tribe Zingiberaceae, a family with xanthorrizha Curcuma, Curcuma aeruginosa, turmeric (Curcuma domestica), kencur (Kaempferia galanga), galangal (Languas galanga) and others.
Benefits of ginger for health are quite a lot, especially for body warmers beverage most widely known. Especially, in cold weather it is suitable for taking warm ginger drink so that the body becomes warmer. Here are some amazing benefits of ginger for health:
- Flatulence – Abdominal bloating and pain can be treated with ginger extract. In addition, digestive problems and irritable bowel can also be treated with ginger.
- Improve blood circulation – Gingerol that is found in ginger is an anticoagulant that can prevents blood clotting. By preventing blockage of blood vessels, then strokes and heart attacks can be prevented.
- Treating migraines – Prostaglandin is one of the causes of headaches, and it can be stopped with ginger. At least, using ginger, may be to reduce the headaches, including migraines.
- Preventing potbelly – By consuming ginger regularly and before meals can prevent bloated stomach because ginger is useful to carry out metabolism and digestion. With the presence of an increased metabolism that impact will accelerate the burning of calories and flatten a protruding belly.
- Fever and cough – The content of gingerol in ginger can also be used to reduce fever and cough.
- Weight loss – Ginger is able to dilate blood vessels which the body burns calories into heat, and ginger contains few calories, so it does not affect weight gain. Consuming ginger every day to maintain a healthy body and expedite metabolism.
- Treating toothache – Drinking ginger water can prevent painful gums and tooth pain, because Ginger has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- Prevent irregular menstrual cycles – The regularity of the menstrual cycle for women able be maintained by consuming ginger.
- Making a mighty body – Based on a study that eating ginger regularly and routinely can help to reduce pain that occurs in the muscles caused by excessive physical exercise.
- As acne medications – By taking ginger a maximum of 4 grams/day can be helpful in preventing acne on the skin.
- Hangovers trip – Drinking ginger can help overcome the hangover on the way. Ginger can also reduce nausea, and also cure jet lag.
- Anti-allergy – Ginger can be used along with grapefruit seed extract to help reduce fever, or allergies.
- Counteract free radicals – Ginger contains antioxidant properties that are able to overcome the damaging effects caused by free radicals as in the body.
- Lowering Cholesterol – In a number of studies that have shown by taking ginger can be effective to reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the blood and liver. The content of gingerol found in ginger also has an effect that is an anticoagulant that is able to prevent blood clots. The content of the ginger can stimulate the release of the hormone adrenaline, which in turn can facilitate the flow of blood circulation.
- Inflammation – Gingerol compound responsible for strong scent and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pain reliever and stiff joints – In a clinical trial can be concluded that ginger was found to relieve pain, as I mentioned above, increasing the movement of the joints, and reduce inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis. Other benefits of ginger can also help relieve back pain and headaches such as migraine.
- Lowering blood pressure – Ginger can to stimulate the release of adrenaline and also widens the blood vessels, which can cause the blood to flow more smoothly and more quickly, and can ease the work of the heart in pumping blood.
- Arthritis – People with arthritis and osteoarthritis can use ginger for treatment, where ginger contains components that able hamper COX. COX is one of the chemicals the body that able cause inflammation.
- Clean up the body – The body becomes sweaty if often consume ginger. Sweat your body out of various types of malicious dirt, which is in the body.
- Treating morning sickness – Morning sickness can be cured by consuming the herb ginger drink.
- Fighting cancer cells – The development of cancer cells in the body can be reduced by the nutrient content in the ginger. Moreover, according to research for the benefit of ginger extract can be fight various types of cancer like ovarian cancer and colon cancer.
- Treating a snake bite wounds – Ginger can be used to treat snake bite, the way is to grind the rhizomes and a little salt, then put on a poisonous snake bite wound. But remember, this is only used as a first aid course, then taken to hospital for further treatment.
- Relieves pain – Drink ginger 3 times a day to relieve pain naturally.
Those are some amazing benefits of ginger for health. By knowing the many benefits of consuming ginger, not only as a heater, relieving colds and complementary spice in cooking, but also a variety of amazing benefits of ginger for health as mentioned above.