Did you know the amazing lemongrass benefits? Yes, lemongrass is one herb that is very popular in Asia. Lemongrass becomes one of the essential ingredients for cook for scent of food and as a flavoring. As we know, on the spice in cooking, lemon grass produces sour like a lemon scent, so that add flavor to eat. However, not only as a spice, it turns out, lemongrass benefits for health and beauty pretty amazing. Let us consider the amazing lemongrass benefits for health and beauty below.
Lemongrass Benefits for Health
Health benefits of lemon grass for quite a lot, it is not surprising that the lemongrass is often made as an herbal medicine for a variety of complaints disease. Here are some benefits of lemongrass for health.
- Lemongrass prevent cancer – A study found that lemon grass contains citral, one of the anti-cancer substances that can kill cancer cells, while maintaining healthy cells or tissues in our body. However, this does not mean that drinking boiled water lemongrass will permanently cure cancer, but can only help.
- Lemongrass improves the digestive system – Due to anti-microbial properties of lemongrass can help regulate bowel function. Eating regularly lemongrass can eliminate bad bacteria and parasites that cause indigestion, constipation, flatulence, diarrhea and others.
- Lemongrass lowering blood sugar levels – Drinking tea and lemongrass every day will help detoxify the pancreas and improve its function. This will help lower blood sugar levels.
- Lemongrass overcome Insomnia – Lemongrass can also have a calming effect that helps you for be fast asleep. This causes the internal chemical balance can eliminate insomnia and nervous disorders.
- Lemongrass treats high blood pressure – high potassium content encourages diuresis, thus helping to reduce and regulate blood pressure. Regularly drinking lemongrass tea is highly recommended.
- Lemongrass cleans bacterial and fungal infections – This is because the content of the anti-septic properties, lemongrass tea can help for eliminate the nasty micro-organisms in the body, detoxify and cleanse the blood, eliminates bacteria, fungi or yeast.
- Lemongrass reduce cholesterol – Lemongrass has anti-cholesterol and anti-atherosclerosis, both of which help reduce the absorption of cholesterol from the intestine, as well as the oxidation of LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood, thus preventing one of the early processes in the formation of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Lemongrass for the nervous system – The content of magnesium, phosphorus and folate are essential nutrients required for the development and function of the nervous system. It helps improve concentration, memory and the brain’s ability for process information.
- Lemongrass for detoxification – Lemongrass is also are very good for detoxifying the body by increasing the amount of urination. It is very useful for make the entire digestive organs such as the liver, pancreas, kidney, and bladder, to be clean and healthy because of a variety of toxins will be eliminated.
- Lemongrass as an analgesic – Lemongrass also can relieve all kinds of inflammation and irritability that you are suffering associated with the aches and pains such as joint pain, muscle pain, toothache, and others.
Lemongrass Benefits for Beauty
In addition to the above health benefits of lemongrass, lemongrass is also beneficial for beauty, especially for make your body slim and healthy skin. Here are the benefits of lemongrass for beauty.
- Lemongrass can make your body slim – It is inseparable from the benefits of lemongrass to lose weight. Add lemongrass on your tea will detoxify the body and melt fat. In addition, this will make the diuretic effect can lose weight effectively.
- Lemongrass helps skin health – Lemongrass purifies the blood and also increases circulation. It will make a variety of skin problems such as acne and eczema disappeared. Your skin will look healthier glow so it can look more beautiful.
That’s some amazing lemongrass benefits for the body. In addition to the above, lemongrass health benefits also for relieve pain when the onset of menstruation and relieve nausea in women. As information that lemongrass is an herb that belongs to the family Poacea, has the Latin name Cymbopogon citratus. Lemongrass comes from southern India and Sri Lanka. Well, already know right? Lemongrass benefits other than as spice in cooking can also be used as an herbal remedy or cure illnesses mentioned above, in addition to also beneficial for beauty especially on the skin health.