Banana nutrition is essential for health. Bananas are very easy to enjoy, whether for a brief snack, chopped, blended, or to be used as pancakes. Most people like a banana because it tastes sweet, the texture is soft / smooth, and can be eaten as a whole. Although including fruit that’s cheap, but the benefits of banana nutrition is big enough for our health.
Here is the content and nutritional value contained in bananas and its benefits for health:
- Potassium, a medium-sized banana contains about 467 mg of potassium and little sodium which is about 1 mg. Potassium is an essential element to regulate blood pressure, reduce the risk of high blood pressure, as well as other related issues.
- Calcium, bananas are rich in calcium, 100 grams of bananas capable of supplying 5 mg of calcium for the body. Calcium is essential for the formation and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. In addition, calcium also serves to facilitate neurotransmitter release and muscle contraction.
- Carbohydrates, the energy content in bananas is very high so suitable for use as a food source to get quick energy. In 100 grams of banana contains 22.84 grams of carbohydrates, 12.23 grams of sugar, and 2.6 grams of fiber. Although slightly higher for patients with diabetes, but it makes a banana as a source of quick energy and easy to digest. Not infrequently, the banana is also a suitable food for athletes to maintain the condition of the body stay fit.
- Vitamin C, in 100 grams of banana available nearly 8.7 mg of vitamin C for the body. Vitamin C protects the body against oxidative stress and malnutrition. As a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C helps the body control free radicals that enter the body.
- Vitamin B6, in 225 grams of banana contained 0.8 mg of vitamin B6 for the body. Vitamin B6 is a water soluble vitamin, is essential to the smooth functioning of the nervous system, boost immune system and fight infection.
- Other vitamins, various kinds of essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin K, folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and others can be found in bananas. These vitamins help the formation of blood and other body activities to maintain fitness levels remain high all the time. It makes the body feels fit if diligently consuming bananas.
- Other minerals, some kind of other minerals such as iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, and fluoride is also found in bananas. Each of these minerals assists a wide range of bodily functions and to improve the immune system.
That’s some banana nutrition which is very beneficial for the body. To get all the benefits, it must be ensured eating fresh bananas, not banana chips, or bananas that have been processed sugar or chocolate coated. Fresh bananas contain more benefits than processed bananas; it is in order to maintain banana nutrition.