Brain cancer is very dangerous, especially if it occurs in children. Many studies of brain cancer, but the actual cause of brain cancer is unknown. So far scientists are still trying to figure out the cause through various researches.
Although the actual cause is unknown, but there is information regarding five conditions related to the causes of brain cancer in children, as reported from onlymyhealth, include:
- Gene disorders, some abnormality in the gene can cause uncontrolled cell growth and cause cancer. Chromosomal rearrangements also cause abnormal gene.
- Certain genetic conditions such as neurofibromatosis, a specific syndrome, and retinoblastoma can also cause brain cancer by causing changes in gene or chromosome. Genetic condition can be inherited from parents to their children.
- Brain cancer history of parents, there is a risk of tumor development in the central nervous system of children who have a family history of brain cancer.
- Some chemicals can alter the structure of genes that protect against heart disease and cancer. People who work in oil refineries, and chemical and nuclear laboratories, higher risk of cancer. If not him who has cancer, the risk may occur in children.
- Radiation therapy, children who received radiation therapy to the head due to treatment of certain diseases, may increase the risk of tumor growth. Tumors in the brain may be a problem because it causes stress and damage to the surrounding area and develop into cancer.
With known 5 conditions related to brain cancer in children, at least be able to take precautionary action to overcome the possibility of disease. The most common tumors that develop in children are brain tumors. According to the study, boys slightly more affected brain cancer when compared to girls for each year.