OCD is a type of disorder where a person has a mind and irrational fears (obsessions) that led him to do something over and over again (compulsions) to reduce anxiety. So, OCD is meant here, not a diet method popularized by Deddy Corbuzier, but Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, or mental illness that attacks characterized by traits do think repeatedly and perform repetitive actions.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disease that could be considered serious. Patients will experience interference makes it feel anxious and became obsessed with cleanliness. These disorders can affect the personal lives of patients and making anti-social because they think a lot of people are not hygienic. The following will explain the causes, symptoms and treatment of OCD.
The cause of OCD is not known with certainty, but the following factors are considered influential in triggering OCD.
- Heredity – Those who have a family member who has a history of disease is likely at risk of OCD.
- Personality – Those who have an obsessive personality disorder are more likely to get OCD.
- Depression – Some of the symptoms of OCD sufferers often also showed symptoms similar to depression.
- Organic – Organic problems, such as neurological problems in parts – a specific part of the brain is also one of the factors for OCD. Neurological disorders such as those caused by meningitis and encephalitis are also one of the causes of OCD.
- Conflict – Those who have this disorder usually have a conflict of soul that comes from living matter. For example: the relationship between husband and wife, at work, or self confidence issues.
Here are the symptoms of OCD, as quoted from betterhealth.vic.gov.au:
- Fear of contamination by bacteria, germs, dirt, toxins, garbage, dust and other physical substances in the environment. This can be characterized by the presence of excessive habits such as frequent hand washing, bathing and brushing teeth. They always find themselves dirty, exposed to bacteria or dirt if not frequently cleaned up.
- Fear of disease, injury and death. This concern can be very excessive for you by avoiding the many activities and the dangers threatening their health and lives. It can also be demonstrated by examining many times stove, electrical appliances, gas, and safety related matters. Excessive concerns can also be shown to advise people around them, especially for not approaching danger or something that may potentially spread disease. Concern not only to the extent that, it could also involve social issues, avoid people with a particular religion
- Likes to hoard and store goods. Often they will hoard and store goods unused because unfortunately dispose of the reasons collections such as clothes, food, magazines and so forth. They also will apply the rules that sometimes sounded irrational about the layout of furniture, books, and clothing.
Those are some common causes and symptoms of OCD. OCD is difficult to cure and may not have found the antidote. Patients need of treatment to help control the symptoms. Aware of the causes and symptoms of obsession, it needs a way to help you deal with this problem in order to be better
Here are treatments can be done to overcome OCD:
- Meditation – For people with high obsession can make their mind is clear and calm. Do not rely on an emotion which only makes the problem even worse. Breathing exercises can help to control the mind to remain cautious in dealing with the problems that occurred.
- Psychotherapy – Treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) are generally given almost the same with other anxiety disorders. Psychotherapy is a set of methods based on the science of psychology are used to treat psychiatric disorders or mental.
- Pharmacology – Provision of medical drugs along with psychotherapy is often performed simultaneously during the care of people with OCD. Provision of medical drugs can only be done by a doctor. Provision of drugs must be through strict control because some of these drugs have adverse side effects of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).