Mediterranean diet food list need to be considered to run a Mediterranean diet perfectly. Many people are not familiar with Mediterranean dishes. In fact, the menu from this region is known not only is a delicacy, but also health benefits. Forget cholesterol-rich foods, especially junk food. Try switching to a Mediterranean dish. Provide Mediterranean diet food list to the shopping list of food you need daily.
Interested in this diet? Here the Mediterranean diet food list that needs to be prepared.
- Olive Oil – Good source of fat intake Mediterranean diet is olive oil. Every day the dieter is consuming four or more tablespoons of oil, which is good for heart health.
- Nuts – Study participants ate three or more servings of nuts each week. They are encouraged to consume a combination of walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts every day. Consumption of nuts is proven good for the heart and is rich in protein for to keep it full.
- Fish and white meat – People who perform the Mediterranean diet, eat 3 servings of fish and seafood per week. You can consume fish rich in omega-3 such as tuna or salmon. In addition, also consumption chicken meat without fat or turkey.
- Fresh Fruits – Fruits include 100 percent fruit juice is also important in this diet. Dieters consume 3 or more servings of fresh fruit every day, and for fresh fruit juice 237 ml to 355 ml.
- Fresh Vegetables – In addition to fresh fruit, fresh vegetables are also important for the Mediterranean dieters. Two or more servings of vegetables each day and at least one serving of raw vegetables such as salad serving per day.
- Sofrito – Sofrito is a sauce that is generally made of tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppers, and cilantro. Seasoned mashed, sauteed with olive oil, and usually, used as a vegetable dish sauce, pasta, and rice. These dieters usually eat at least twice a week sofrito.
In addition, you can also add the hummus in the Mediterranean diet food list. It is an exotic blend of chickpeas or garbanzo beans, mixed with lemon, tahini containing sesame, olive oil, and spices with added flavors. Hummus contains no saturated fat, no cholesterol, or sugar, but high in protein and fiber.
That is some Mediterranean diet food list that you need to serve. In the Mediterranean diet does not mean you are required to become a vegetarian. Mediterranean dishes are allowed to use meat, only with healthier processing. If interested in adopting a healthy eating style of the Mediterranean, it’s easy. From now change your diet daily food list with Mediterranean diet food list.